chives

chives

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gorgeous Hosta



I've just been wandering all around our gardens, snapping photos with the new camera and snuck over to my neighbour's yard to take a few shots of her gorgeous hostas! Please don't ask me to ID them, as I'm not sure which ones she has.. nevertheless, they are beautiful and it's great to compare the leaf textures, colours and sizes. I'm hoping to tuck a hosta garden beside our deck this summer. There is a short slope that is quite shaded and I thought it would be the perfect spot to plant some of these leafy beauties!



4 comments:

  1. The stiletto hosta is huge. Wonderful pics. jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful hostas! I wish I could grow them here in Austin. I do actually have one, but when the heat of summer hits it usually barely hangs on!
    Have a nice weekend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys! Love your blog Jim.. such gorgeous photos!

    Sorry for your hosta Amy.. but today it's cool, windy and cloudy, I bet it's gorgeous in Austin! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome your tips, questions, thoughts and ideas (and suggestions for new veggies to grow!)