kale

kale
The overwintered kale is sprouting!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Wednesday Treat!

This just arrived in my mailbox!! I had to share it.. a special edition to Gardens East magazine.. I should have known it was coming, as I have an article in it on growing salad greens in containers.. but I wasn't sure when it would arrive. In my article, I detail how you can sow a bowl of tasty salad greens in anything from a recycled gutter to a vintage child's wagon to a regular pot. It's an easy to to enjoy gourmet greens from early spring until late autumn. If you get a chance, check it out! :)


2 comments:

  1. I love their magazine. What a great cover!! Special edition, they are always full of great ideas. The container gardening idea in a child's wagon..excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer@threedogsinagarden
    Congratulations on your soon to be released book. I will have to look for it in the local bookstore. I must confess that I did not know that there was an east coast gardening magazine. I am sure looking through it would make me very homesick. I am looking forward to a planned trip home to Nova Scotia in October. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome your tips, questions, thoughts and ideas (and suggestions for new veggies to grow!)