Flowers

Flowers

Friday, February 24, 2012

Podcasting fun!

Me, Kathy Wood, Donna Balzer, Veronica Silva, Steven Biggs and Donna Dawson
I've been thinking about doing podcasts on this blog for years. As you can see, I haven't done so much about that.. Lucky for me, a few other (more organized, less lazy) bloggers podcast and have been kind enough to interview me in recent weeks. I thought I'd post a list of some of the places you can listen to some of my interviews (and my extreme fast talking!).

But, I'd like to know - What do you think about podcasting.. worthwhile or not? How often do you listen to podcasts on websites or blogs?

  1. Hot off the presses, here are two interviews from earlier today when I spoke to Donna Balzer and Steven Biggs, the authors of the fun book, No-Guff Vegetable Gardening - http://www.gardencoacheschat.com/year-round-vegetable-gardening/ and http://www.nononsensevegetablegardening.com/year-round-vegetable-gardening/
  2. I was interviewed in the garden by CBC's Margot Brunelle a few weeks ago. That piece has played across the country, most recently on The Story From Here earlier this week - http://www.cbc.ca/thestoryfromhere/
  3. An audio interview from last week on East Coast Kitchen Party
That's all I can remember at this exact moment! My next speaking engagement on Year Round Veggie Gardening will be at Blomidon Nurseries on Saturday March 3 at 1 pm. For more details or to register, click here


7 comments:

  1. Niki, I just listened to your first link. Very interesting and useful. I have been disappointed to miss your live presentations, and this is a good way to have talks archived. How do you get time to garden anymore? Is your new header photo leeks or green onions that you have started in a frame? Good gardening, George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah George, I've been thinking about you! Really enjoying your blog posts.. those are leeks.. love them so much! I do have some seeded in the cold frame that will be moved eventually to the open garden in mid-April too.

    Truthfully, there isn't much time to garden right now.. I've been seeding when I have a minute, but I have plenty I need to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to podcasts daily. I would love it if you had one and could make it available both through iTunes and the blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I far prefer reading to watching, or listening to, people talk (I always hated talk radio, for instance). but that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to hearing the interviews as I am very interested in your book (I live in Michigan).

    As for the podcasting question, I do like to listen to them but not on my computer as I am usually too busy with whatever I am doing on there at the moment to listen but if it is available to download, I will do it in heartbeat because I put it on my ipod and listen when I go to bed at night (the only time it is quite enough to listen :) LOL)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you like the marketing aspect of being a writer? Writing and gardening are more-or-less solitary activities. It seems like writers need an alter-ego to market their work. Exciting and exhausting at the same time. Congratulations on a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments - very helpful!

    I must say I do love the writing/gardening aspect of my job, but the marketing is also fun. It's nice to connect with fellow gardeners and I always like to hear what they've been up to! Gives me ideas for my own garden! Another reason why I enjoy blogging.. Mind you, I do see the exhaustive side of things too.. nice to have a weekend off today to actually get some work done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome your tips, questions, thoughts and ideas (and suggestions for new veggies to grow!)