kale

kale
The overwintered kale is sprouting!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year - A January Gift!


My publisher Storey sends out a monthly e-newsletter to thousands of subscribers.. For their latest edition, which was just published today, not only did they interview me, but they also have placed the ebook edition of The Year Round Vegetable Gardener on special for January!! It is now JUST $2.99 for the e-book, a savings of $17! But, it's only for Jan.. To get details, click here.

And if you want to subscribe to the newsletter (I do, I love so many of their authors), just click here! It's free and awesome!

Ok, enough of that.. The good news is that I'm deep into sub-editing my next book, which should keep me rather busy for the next week.. and I will have an article in Fine Gardening magazine later this year and also one in Reader's Digest coming up in March. For that article, I wrote seed swaps. Did you know that Seedy Saturday originated in Canada?? BC to be precise, and soon, these seed sharing events will be popping up across North America. If you want to take part in one, check out the list at Seeds of Diversity - here. On the right side of the page is a constantly updated listing of where Seedy Saturdays and Sundays will be taking place from Jan through June. Hope to see you at one of these!!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I already own your fantastic book but I gave it another plug on my blog and signed up for the newsletter!

    http://backyardfarmsto.blogspot.ca/2013/01/were-still-in-holiday-mode-over-here-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I have just finished "The Year Round Vegetable Gardener" and I absolutely loved it. I live about 2 hours north of New York City and our winters get pretty cold. I am so happy to have found your book and cannot wait to try some of these ideas next fall and winter!
    On page 91, there is an illustration of a full size family plot. I love it and would like to do something like this on a piece of my property
    (I am blessed to be on 2.5 acres with a huge plot that gets full sun most of the day and it's south sloping!). Can you please tell me the dimensions of the plot and the raised beds? I'd like my husband to start gathering materials for me.
    Can't wait to see what your next book will bring!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for seedy Saterday time tip. It's not overly advertised here and can be easily missed. I've also signed up for the newsletter, sounds good. Congrats on your books and all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome your tips, questions, thoughts and ideas (and suggestions for new veggies to grow!)