chives

chives

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Savvy Gardening Part 2

Well, it's been a crazy few days since Savvy Gardening launched! Not even 48 hours later and we have over 600 'likes' on Facebook and thousands of visits to the site - Thank you!

I'm getting a lot of comments asking how the four savvy gardening gals got together.. we just added a post on the site with more details (How We Met), but to sum up, we really came together 6 months ago in Quebec City when we were all attending the annual Garden Writer Symposium. I had already known both Tara and Jessica for a few years, but they had never met. Then, the three of us connected with Amy. The rest is history and six months later, Savvy Gardening was ready to launch!

Here are a few photos of us 'working hard' at that Quebec symposium as well as Canada Blooms 2013.

Tara and I with the wonderful Liz Primeau (of Canadian
Gardening magazine and TV fame)

Tara and Amy goofing off in Quebec City!

Amy and I trying to figure out how to fit these bold frames in our luggage?
Can't you just picture them whimsically arranged on a fence? Or another
garden structure?

Jessica hamming it up in one of the veggie
gardens we visited.

Amy looking cool in the summer
heat during one of the morning
garden tours.

6 comments:

  1. Love your new venture. Niki now I know you really have cloned yourself!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! You got me Donna! :) If you do figure out how to clone, please let me know!!

      Delete
  2. What kind of Dinosaur kale would be good for the Halifax area? Also what kind of green peppers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great questions! There is only one dinosaur kale, but it has a lot of names - black kale, tuscan kale, lacinato kale.. so if you see any of those for sale, you'll know you have the right one! I've noticed that Sobeys has been selling bundles of organic dinosaur kale if you wanted to test it out before you grow. As for green peppers, Halifax Seed has a really cute mini pepper mix of easy to grow, early producing sweet peppers - I think they are called 'Yum yum'. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. I like your post very much , i like to read this article

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog. Gartengestaltung Schaffhausen is the best Service for new Investor

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome your tips, questions, thoughts and ideas (and suggestions for new veggies to grow!)