Flowers

Flowers

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

And….. it's out!!! Groundbreaking Food Gardens has arrived in Canadian Bookstores

I will be the first to admit that I don't totally get book release dates.. With Year Round Vegetable Gardener, it took a few extra weeks - after the release date - to arrive in Canada, which was a bit frustrating.. It was available in the US in late Dec 2011, but it was Feb before Canadian bookstores saw copies.

I anticipated the same situation for Groundbreaking Food Gardens and have been telling folks that it will prob be late March. After all, the official release date is March 25th. But once again I was wrong. I just learned yesterday that the book was printed in Canada and was already shipped to bookstores! This morning, I just got a message from Coles in Bedford Place Mall here in Halifax that they had copies on the shelf! Exciting!!

Officially, the book launch is going to be at Halifax Seed on Saturday April 5th from 2 to 4 pm. That will also be the first book signing I'll be doing. There will be plenty of garden fun (and cake!) and I'll share some stories and images from the book! I am so looking forward to that and I hope to see everyone there and hear about your own garden plans for 2014! (Halifax Seed will also be giving away seed packets to those who buy copies!) Plus, there will be giveaways of some pretty sweet garden goodies.. More details to come..





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome your tips, questions, thoughts and ideas (and suggestions for new veggies to grow!)