Flowers

Flowers

Saturday, April 12, 2014

The launch of Groundbreaking Food Gardens!

Can you see me?? I'm at the front of the crowd in front of
the screen giving a 5 min talk about the book.
What a week! Last Saturday, April 5th was the official launch party for Groundbreaking Food Gardens and it was a fabulous afternoon. It was a busy 2 hours of chatting, book signing and talking to fellow gardeners. My heartfelt thanks to Halifax Seed for hosting the launch - it was so great to see so many familiar faces.. as well as plenty of new ones! I thought I'd share a few photos of the party as well as a few snaps taken by my Toronto based cousin Mary Lynn who spied my books at her local Chapters Indigo store. Chapters was kind enough to include it in their spring garden book section!




My and my wonderful friend Edie!! :)

Elizabeth Peirce and I at the launch. Elizabeth is
the author of Grow Organic, a fabulous book
on veggie gardening in Nova Scotia. Her latest
is You Can Too - all about pickling & preserving
the harvest. So happy she found time to drop in
to the launch!

A school reunion with some friends from the former
Nova Scotia Agricultural College - Patsy and Sherry.

So much fun! 

Thanks to Chapters Indigo for including the book along
with their spring picks! 

And in the foodie section (I have that kale
book in my kitchen - fantastic!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome your tips, questions, thoughts and ideas (and suggestions for new veggies to grow!)