Flowers

Flowers

Monday, March 23, 2015

A peek into the garden writers lunch at Canada Blooms

Last week, I had the amazing opportunity to spend a few days at Canada Blooms. I gave two talks and managed to plan my trip so that it coincided with the Garden Writers lunch. This annual meeting is a great chance for me - especially where I live rather far from most of the other garden writers - to connect with old friends and meet some new ones too! I thought I'd share a peek inside the lunch and introduce you to a few of these fine folks.

Me with fellow Savvy Gardening expert, Tara Nolan, and Steven Biggs,
author of Grow Figs Where You Think You Can't and
his soon-to-be-released children's gardening book,
Grow Gardeners (stay tuned for a podcast interview we recorded
with Steven about this new book)

Tara with Barbara Phillips Conroy (Barbara's Garden Chronicles)
and renowned garden writer, Lorraine Hunter. 

Two shining stars! Beckie Fox, Editor in Chief
of Garden Making magazine and Lorraine
Flanigan (City Gardening)

Canada's garden guru, Mark Cullen with Liz Klose, the director
of the Memorial University of Newfoundland BotanicalGardens

Tara with Susan Poizner of Orchard People and Lise Gobeille,
a well known Horticulturist at the Montreal Botanic Garden.

Sarah Battersby (Toronto Gardens), Rob Howard, Barbara
Phillips Conroy & Kathy Wood

I had to include this shot too, just so you didn't think Rob was
super serious!! A fun & fabulous bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments. I welcome your tips, questions, thoughts and ideas (and suggestions for new veggies to grow!)